Develop a basic understanding of negotiations with a consistent framework to encourage more collaboration and a win-win approach.
This workshop will prepare participants to understand and effectively manage the negotiation process with a principled approach that supports a commitment to long-term client and partner relationships.
The primary goal is to help participants manage negotiations more effectively by teaching them to prepare, conduct and review negotiations, and to be aware of a variety of negotiation styles and processes that may be encountered.
- Develop a shared understanding of a negotiation
- Learn about the concepts of a principled negotiation
- Understand the fundamental elements of the negotiation framework outlined in the acclaimed book Getting to Yes
- Through case studies developed by the Harvard Negotiation Project, participants will have an opportunity to practice their negotiation skills with exercises designed for in-class and between sessions
- Clarify the negotiation process to reduce the natural anxiety associated with a “negotiation”
Wednesday, May 8 & 22, 2019 from 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
$225. Tuition includes class materials and lunch for each day.
Click here to view and download registration brochure.
MCAWW REFUND POLICY
- Cancellation by attendee 14 or more days prior to the start date of an event or training program: 100% refund.
- Cancellation by attendee 7-13 days prior to the start date of an event or training program: 50% refund.
- No refund will be given for cancellations less than 7 days prior to the start date of an event or training program. If cancellation is due to illness or emergency, credit may be extended for a future event or training program.
- In the event that MCA of Western Washington cancels an event or training program, a full refund will be provided.
MCAWW educational programs are open to Western Washington Mechanical Contracting Industry Improvement Fund contributors.